Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Egrets step in as floodwaters recede

As we drove home from Phillip Island floodwaters had largely receded (obviously - we were able to get through!).

As we were entering the town of Koo Wee Rup I had to stop to try to photograph a scattered group of about 30 cattle egret. I'm sure cattle egret congregate in much largely numbers elsewhere but I have never seen this many congregate down south.

As we stopped I was envisaging better shots as we had seemed quite close and there were a number of birds. However I was thwarted by the long grass and lack of patience (cold weather, a long day, a waiting car full of spouse, kids & dog, and a music exam deadline!).






Tom's photo from the moving car using the iphone 
Australian white ibis
 Finally some floodwater shots from the moving car (taken by passengers!).

Koo Wee Rup (above & below)

Silverleaves, Phillip Island (above & below)


No comments:

Post a Comment