Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The very-talented Noisy friarbird

The Noisy friarbird is a dusky grey-brown bird with a black leathery head and knobbly bill. I have just learned from the Birds in Backyards Philemon corniculatus page that the prominent bump is called a "casque".

In the annual school play the Friarbird is sick of being cast as the ugly villain!

The Villain
Noisy Friarbird, Hell's Gates, Noosa National Park
I had a close range experience with this "fellow" at Noosa in a bit of golden hour light. When reviewing the images I felt this bird appeared keen to audition for some other roles!

The Larrikin
Quick to poke the tongue
The TV Journalist
"That's very concerning indeed!"
The Professor
"I liked the way you worked that maths problem Sonny"
The Dinner Party Host
Impeccably presented
The Wintry Businessman
Loves a well-fitted fur coat
The Hunchback
The Patient
"Do you think I could get this thing taken off?"
The Action Hero
Ready to pounce!
We birders can't resist an opportunity to apply a little anthropomorphism!

Sharing with Wild Bird Wednesday


Bird on!

6 comments:

  1. Tee hee, love your captions but you missed the religious implications. He would have made a perfect preacher. Absolutely lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I would love to see one of these in real live, person to bird!! Wow. Fabulous commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great series of photos and I enjoyed the captions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, very clever Pete; great photos of the Friarbird and fabulous captions; well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure that I have not done the same thing with my birds - the cormorants are cooperating, but I think the egrets are just cashing in!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny captions, love it! Nice shots too.

    ReplyDelete